Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Falling in Love... With the WORD

Amazing how the Lord works, is it not? After such an amazing weekend in God's presence, hearing reminder after reminder that we need to fall in love with the WORD of GOD, I opened a devotion book this morning to read just that very thing. I would like to share a small exert from the book:
---------------------------
"Diamonds for Dusty Roads" by Joy Haney
"How well do you know and love the author of the good book - the Bible?" Does it thrill you, or is it boring? Does it bring light to you, or is it dull and uninteresting? The key is falling in love with the author.
President Herbert Hoover said "The whole of the inspiration of our civilization springs from the teachings of Christ and the lessons of the Prophets. To read the Bible for these fundamentals is a necessity of American life."
----------------------------
LORD, I pray that I fall madly in love with You, your WORD!
Matthew 22:29 states "You are wrong because you know neither the Scriptures nor God's power."
I don't want this to be me! I want to know the Words of the Lord, I want them to be a Living Water, springing up from my innermost being.
Romans 15:4 tells us that "For whatever was thus written in former days was written for our instruction, that by [our steadfast and patient] endurance and the encouragement [drawn] from the Scriptures we might hold fast to and cherish hope.
This tells me that no matter what circumstances come my way, the Word of the LORD was penned for my encouragement to bring me hope when I feel there is none.
2 Timothy 3:14-17 says it all too well: "But as for you, continue to hold to the things that you have learned and of which you are convinced, knowing from whom you learned [them], And how from your childhood you have had a knowledge of and been acquainted with the sacred Writings, which are able to instruct you and give you the understanding for salvation which comes through faith in Christ Jesus [through the [a]leaning of the entire human personality on God in Christ Jesus in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness]. Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God's will in thought, purpose, and action), So that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work.

The Word is Alive!! If brings salvation, understanding, knowledge, power, wisdom, goodness... Through HIS WORD we have the training needed to live holy - it completes us and equips us for anything we could possibly face in this world!!
If you aren't feeling quite complete... if something feels off. If you feel like you're missing something...... check the location of your Bible. Have you read it today? Have you ate from the LORD's table? He's prepared a huge feast for your Spirit Man - and it all lays between the covers of your Bible. Let your Spirit Man eat and become strong.
Thank You Lord for your Word! Let us not settle for being a half christian! YOUR WORD completes us! YOUR WORD is what keeps us! YOUR WORD gives anointed power!
I've got my Hammer (Sword/Bible) in my hand... coupled with my Nail (Holy Ghost/Spirit), no Sisera (enemy) can stand in the way of VICTORY!!! Amen?!?!?!
Have a Blessed Day!!

1 comment:

cindy said...

loved this love you too