Monday, August 14, 2017

Deep Water?

I've been doing A LOT of thinking lately. 
Whew. 

The Lord is just SO good, yeah?? 

I have a huge burden on my heart. Forreal. So I want this to be a formal statement. True and honest. My sincere prayer of late. 

I've been dwelling on the Living Water of God. You know, the Wellspring of Life. God himself, in Spirit form, living IN me. He mentioned it to the Lady at the Well. And what did she do? Even with her sinful past, she brought multitudes to the Master. 

As I think about water, I think about how absolutely refreshing it can be on a hot summer day -- imagine with me, sitting on the pier, you dip a toe in and feel the cool water cross your feet. How refreshing it can be! 



Maybe the splashing on the feet feels great. It does. But I am DRAWN to Ezekiel 47... 

“And when the man that had the line in his hand went forth eastward, he measured a thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the waters were to the ankles. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters were to the loins. Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over.
Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed. And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh.”
‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭47:3-5, 8-9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Maaaaaaahn. Do you see that? It's water that brings LIFE. Ankle deep is wonderful. Knee deep? Yeah, we can splash a little. Waist deep, and I'm still standing flat footed, easily controlling my own path, following my own direction.... 

Then a little deeper. 

Its waters that cannot be passed over. Waters to swim in. No longer able to touch bottom, at the mercy of the current -- how I desire than within my heart! 




Not MY will, not MY direction. Wherever the Lord leads, regardless of it is FAR out of my comfort zone, with the water to my waist. I want to go in over my head, fully submerged in the Will of my Father! 

Fully committed. That's what I want. 

Let's go back to the Lady at the Well for a moment... and look at what Jesus said to her (and the disciples!)

“Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat. But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of.
Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.”
‭‭John‬ ‭4:13-14, 31-32, 34‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Verse 14, namely-- God will put in us well of water springing up into everlasting life! How amazing is that? 

And Verse 34, he responds to the disciples, who are concerned about what he is to eat-- "My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work." Now, I know I have read and heard this many times before, but recently, Rev. John Whittington drove this point home in a devotion at Hwy 49 Outreach Ministry in Brooklyn, MS. 

Jesus literally was saying my absolute SUSTENANCE and PROVISION, is to do EXACTLY what my Father's Will is-- THIS is what will sustain me. Not my efforts, not the food you buy and trade for. More than anything, it is the WILL of HIM who SENT me! 

(This whole Woman at the Well instance can preach in SO many directions, but yeah?? Do you see this??) 

Our SUSTENANCE and PROVISION is found in what? DOING THE WILL OF OUR FATHER! 

Lord, I am willing, I am waiting, I am wanting. 



Today is a GOOD day to take that leap. 

Come on in. The Water is fine. 💕

pw 8/14/17

No comments: