Monday, September 4, 2023

What's your thoughts?

We've all heard it before - "the power of positive thinking". 

Sow a thought and you reap an action; 
sow an act and you reap a habit; 
sow a habit and you reap a character; 
sow a character and you reap a destiny. 
                   - Ralph Waldo Emerson 

Our destiny is tied directly to and starts with our thoughts.

If you think you'll never succeed, chances are you'll give up before you make it. 

If you think you can't, chances are you won't try nearly as hard. 

What does God say about our destiny? 
"For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome." - Jeremiah 29:11 AMPC
If God's thoughts and plans for us are of welfare and peace, to give us a hope in our future or 'final outcome' - Why would we ever think anything different? He is fighting for us. Why would we think negatively about ourselves, our future, our life -- when we can walk with assuredness that Jesus Christ himself - the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, creator of the universe - wants GOOD things for us, and wants us to walk in His peace!
"For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother's womb. I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret [and] intricately and curiously wrought [as if embroidered with various colors] in the depths of the earth [a region of darkness and mystery]. Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days [of my life] were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them." - Psalm 139:13-16 

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew [and] approved of you [as My chosen instrument], and before you were born I separated and set you apart, consecrating you; [and] I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." - Jeremiah 1:5

He knows each and everyone of us before we were conceived. He knows the thoughts and plans He has for us - and He desires us to walk in peace knowing our future is with Him. 

Do not allow place for the enemy to wreak havoc in your life. Cast down negative thoughts and things that do not glorify God. 

Sow thoughts - positive thoughts,
sow actions - in building His kingdom,
sow habits - of personal devotion and relationship,
sow character - becoming christ-like and putting on the mind of Christ,
and reap the destiny God has ordained for you. 

We are sons and daughters of God. It’s time we start thinking like it! 

♡ prw







 

No comments: